Time check: Hour of 10 of 12 have passed.
The team checks for the huge ball of steel as they venture back out into the city and head towards the Tomb At the secret passageway leading to the tomb, Sub-par notices there are some tracks around the opening as we approach the entrance – foot prints – humanoid. Feet that wore shoes. Laserie scouts ahead towards the tomb. She comes back and says she didn’t find anything. They enter the Tomb.
They carefully prepare to place the final three canopic jars, Laserie stands at the threshold of the room to ensure a non-Egyptian doesn’t hamper what they attempt to do.
They hear an audible sigh that comes from the mummy and the sarcophagus starts to close. They see the ghostly image of Pharaoh Kalipha overlaid on the ancient mummy in the coffin – he speaks in High Egyptian. He then points to the books and the staff and the orb. The team take these items and nothing else placing them in Memphis’s saddle bags of holding.
The hourglass then falls to the ground and shatters. Lots of red sand appears on the floor – more than could have possibly been contained in the hour glass itself! The sand is moving! Its animated! The coffin closes and then the large rock door – starts to close!
The team leave the room and the door closes behind us. Neraphi says “I think those were the ‘Red Sands of Osiris’. They bring anyone back to life, no matter how long they were dead…” It would have been unfortunate if the jars were not placed then – the Pharaoh would have been brought back to life and not allowed to complete his journey to Anubis I think to myself.
The team head back to our previous resting area but notice the steel ball was near it. We go back to the Temple of Osiris and the Naga. We take a day to rest here and the naga guards over us.
While resting Laserie attempts to identify the items we retrieved so far with Sub-par’s help.
Book of Kalipha
A magical tome – a story of his family where they came from and the life of Pharaoh Kalipha, after each of us read the book we come away with new interesting knowledge:
- Memphis: the most interesting story for him was when the Pharaoh Kalipha was a charioteer. Memphis learned how to ride and fight from chariots.
- Sub-par & Neraphi: Both learned how the famers did irrigation, grew crops and harvest them. Both now have the knowledge of farming. Neraphi’s father is already a really good farmer but with the knowledge she has now she already knows of ways she can help her father.
- Tomok: Tomok physically changed, he became more dexterous (+2 to one random stat of choice). Tomok learns he is related to Pharaoh Kalipha somewhere along his bloodline is. He’s a bastard child.
Star of Mo-Pelar
Physically it appears as a 5" diameter gem. After reading the Book of Kalipha we know that three of these exist – there are part of a set of gems. This one has abilities of a Gem of True Seeing.
• One is said to reside near the Oasis of the White Palm
• Another is located in the Lost Tomb of Martek
The Ruling Staff of the Earth Pharoah
As they identify it, even the naga looks upon the staff with awe. The naga speaks but we don’t understand… she appears to be reading the symbols off the staff… they don’t understand them. From what we can tell however – again from the stories we read in the Book of Kalipha, the abilities of the staff were
- Bonuses to hit with the staff
- It could summon a Sphinx
- It could create lighting as well as thunder as well
- Only someone from Pharaoh Kalipha’s family can use it
After a day of rest, they venture out into the city again, as we pass by the entrance to the tomb we see that it is closed off. The doors are now closed and a symbol of Set resides on it! I draw my weapon and inform the group our job here is not done – we must find whomever did this…