Roll 4d6, drop lowest die roll for each of the six stats.
Rolling four 6s equals a 19.
- Mortal statistics are limited to 23.
- Deities are limited to 25.
- Select one of the allowed races.
- Select one of the allowed classes.
Roll 1d12 to determine characters social status.
|03-04||Lower Middle Class||Servant|
|08-09||Upper Middle Class||Wealth Merchant|
|12-12||Royalty||King, Baron, Duke|
On a roll of 12, re-roll. The second roll will determine where in the royalty class you will be.
1-5 Sixth heir to a Barony
6-9 First heir to a Dukedom
10-11 Second heir to the throne
12 First heir to the throne
Note : If a character has rolled a specialty race, the race may help determine the social status.
There is no common language on Rusta.
Characters know the native language of their race or land they come from.
- Baldari: Egyptian
- Milenia: Greek
- Elves: Elven
- Abyssal: Demons, gnolls, sahuagin, Barazhad *
- Giant: giants ogres
- Orc: Orcs, goblins
- Goblin: Goblins, hobgoblins, bugbears, formorian
- Fey *
- Primordial: Efreets, archons, elementals *
- Supernal: Angels, Sphinx *
- Infernal: devils *
- Deep Speech: Mind flayers, githyanki, kuo-toas
Beliefs and Instincts
Create your Beliefs to try and emphasize developing stories and character backgrounds.
I found when playing Burning Wheel that the belief system was pretty cool. I am working on writing beliefs for NPCs as a way of reminding myself and fine-tuning their motivations. This is optional for you as a player.
Burning Wheel beliefs have two parts: ideology and action. I believe this, and therefore I’m going to do that. Avoid abstract beliefs like “God is good” unless you can work that into how you act in a scene. A better belief is, “Everyone should know that God is good, so I’m going to try and work God’s goodness into every conversation.” This belief is open ended
- it never resolves. That’s okay, but I would only allow one belief like that for a PC. The other beliefs would need tangible goals. Like this one: “King Kastagar has forgotten what everyone should know, that God is good. So I’m going to go tell him!”
(If you want a longer primer on Burning Wheel beliefs, here’s a link: http://www.burningwheel.org/wiki/index.php?title=Belief_workshop)