Skaven are also known as ratfolk, as they are covered in matted grey, brown or black fur, have elongated faces with large front teeth and a hairless tail. Their hands and feet are both hairless, but have rough dry skin, and their fingers and toes are long and bony, tipped with short claws. They are of average height, but they often stand hunched over and appear shorter than they are. A skaven’s saliva is powerfully corrosive and laced with disease from their rancid diets. Skaven frequently use their spit to enhance their weapons, potentially making even the slightest injury dangerously septic.
- Average Height: 5’2”-5’10”
- Average Weight: 120lb.-200lb.
- Ability Scores: +2 Constitution, +2 Dexterity or Wisdom
- Size: Medium
- Speed: 6 squares
- Vision: Darkvision
- Languages: Queekish
- Skill Bonuses: +2 Stealth, +2 Dungeoneering
- Filthy Living: As a result of adapting to living in unhygienic conditions, you have a +1 racial bonus to Fortitude defense, and a +5 bonus to endurance checks made to recover from disease.
- Gruesome Diet: You can eat spoiled food and water with no ill effect as though it was unspoiled.
- Rancid Spittle – Skaven Racial Power
You dribble your saliva over your weapon, knowing its septic taint will improve your attack.
Encounter – Poison – Minor Action – Melee touch
Target: One held weapon.
Effect: You coat your weapon in diseased saliva. The next attack you make using that weapon that attacks AC instead targets Fortitude. If the attack hits, it deals additional poison damage equal to your Constitution modifier.
Level 11: 2 + Constitution modifier poison damage.
Level 21: 4 + Constitution modifier poison damage.